Tuesday 14 August 2012

Excitement at the Short's House!

So what is this excitement at the Short's house all about?  Well the excitement began on Saturday morning but didn't reach it's climax until yesterday evening when we could bring it home.

At 4:45 I set about preparing an early dinner so that the children and I would be right ready to go when Daddy got home!  Things got rather delayed when I suddenly noticed I was cooking dinner without a toddler hanging off my leg or hip...  I deemed the absence of her presence necessary to investigate.  I crept into the lounge so she wouldn't see me if she was happy playing with something sensible, but she was no where to be seen...  in fact.... it was frighteningly quiet (all those with toddlers will know why is say frighteningly quiet).  She wasn't about down stairs so up I went and I found....  evidence of where she'd been:


O NO!  That's not good!  Rosina found my lipsticks!  :/
I turn into my bedroom and see more lipstick over the bed and the gym ball.  I go into the en suite and find my darling little artist sat on the floor trying out some eye shadow.  I was feeling so overwhelmed at what I'd just seen, but when I saw Rosina I had to cover my mouth so she wouldn't see me smiling - she was such a sight!  My smile quickly turned to flooded eyes though as the reality of cleaning up the mess sank in.  In the following picture Rosina shows a face of sadness as she realises that she's been naughty.


After turning off the dinner, throwing Rosina in the bath, turning the dinner back on and finally sitting to eat we managed to still be 'nearly' ready for daddy when he arrived.

And we're off....  to Chichester.... to pick up....

THIS:


A Mercedes Vito

The boys eagerly transfer over their car seats!


and they are just a tad excited! haha


Rosina said she wanted the front seat please!


We got it home safely - my goodness it's a different drive to our Zafira!  Felt like I was driving a coach!


The kids get SO much more space now and there is plenty of room for baby when he/she arrives!  :O)  And there is plenty of room for the double buggy too, which wouldn't have fitted in the old car for love nor money!  This beauty of a car comes with a fold away table! (makes me want to be a kid again!) and a built in DVD player!  O those longer journeys are going to be so much easier in this giant of a vehicle that we have been blessed with!



This car is a direct answer to prayer and I feel totally overwhelmed at how God chose to give us so much more than we needed.  This is the type of car we intended on, but it is in so much nicer condition then we thought we'd end up with and has so many extras that we would not have paid extra for. (but so excited to have!)  
This car was priced to sell and we 'just so happened' to see it advertised only hours after it was listed.  We snapped it up quickly after both of us feeling that this was God's chosen car for our family.  We were amazed to hear later on that despite it's short listing on the web they had lots of enquiries and it almost certainly would have sold that first day even if we'd not bought it.

'With God things don't 'just happen', everything by Him is planned'

1 comment: