Thursday 4 March 2010

Spring Is In The Air


I don't know about you, but the winter this year felt like it has lasted a very long time! It has been SO cold, persistently cold and so much rain! I have to admit that the weather was not doing my spirits any good. I knew I was desperate for spring to come along, but I didn't realize just how desperate until Tuesday afternoon. It had been sunny all morning, but I didn't think much of it since it had rained everyday for the last 2+ weeks and even when the sun shone its beautiful face down upon us, it was still cold. When the afternoon came and with it more sunshine I suggested the boys go and play outside. When I opened the door to the back garden my face came alive as I exclaimed.. "It's not that cold!" I stepped outside and the boys ran off to play. I stood in the sunshine and took several deep breaths! O yes.... this I needed! It smelt so good, it felt so good! My whole mood changed from that moment on and the day was just fantastic. I opened some windows around the house and let the beautiful smell of sunshine pour into my house. I was so excited that spring was coming, I had a bounce in my step! As I sat down briefly and thought about the mood change, I realised that I really was desperate for the spring to come. I had expressed it as a craving a few weeks ago.. "I'm craving some sunshine" I said to my husband! Well.. thank goodness it's here!

Today was another warm and sunny afternoon and it gave me so much joy to see my boys playing outside! They love it and I LOVE to watch them. They're so creative.. and silly! They make me laugh.. it's so good to laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment