Monday 13 February 2012

Counting Blessings - day 9


  1. Bees - I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with bees.  I'm actually allergic to them... or at least it would seem to be that way, as I discovered when I was about 10 years old.  It happened while on holiday...  I'd rather carelessly plonked my backside down on one one day.  Needless to say the blasted little thing stung me in the proverbial!  Ouch!  I started to get the shakes pretty quickly and shortly after my leg started to go numb and a little while after that I started loosing use of the leg.  I was taken to a medic and given a shot and all resolved itself.  I'm thankful to not have been stung since and I hope there are no stings in my future.  Having said all the above I adore honey and this is where I just love bees!  So glad God decided to create them. We did a school learning day on bees a few weeks ago, was fascinating.  :O)
  2. Bread Machine - I used to make my bread from scratch myself when I could, but I never did manage to get into a very regular pattern of turning them out.  For Christmas my generous hubby bought for me an awesome bread machine!  Now there is a cooking loaf aroma flooding the house almost daily and it is divine!  One of the best smells in the world!  Of course it tastes amazing too and is hardly any hassle at all... a few quick steps and I'm done and the machine does the rest.  Bliss
  3. Portable Hand Sanitizer - I'm so glad to have my little hand sanitizing spray in my hand bag. Not sure how much sickness we end up preventing by using it, but I'm glad to have it and do my best in the prevention department.
  4. Wii - we are blessed to own a wii console... it's an unnecessary item, but has been the source of some great fun.  The children love to have a little play when they're allowed and we've had some awesome adult games night on it.  :) 
  5. Job Security - can I tell you what a blessing it is that Alex finally has a stable job!  and in this financial climate too!  It is such a relief to not have to be wondering if we'll get our next pay-check on time or not and not have to be wondering if this could be the last week of work etc etc.
  6. Food Vouchers - Got some excellent savings this week.  :)
  7. x-stitch patterns - I so love stitching away for my children.  I'm on a VERY long term project of making each of my children a x-stitched stocking with their name on it.  So far I've completed one and about 1/3 of the way through the 2nd.... 2 more to go after that + one for however many more children I should be so blessed to be mummy to!  ;o
  8. Religious Freedom
  9. Bible Society - I know I've mentioned them before, but they are a fantastic charity and I have been SO blessed by their on-line audio Bible that is spoken by several actors - sounds amazing!  :)
  10. My kids triple bunk!! - my awesome husband made my children a triple bunk and it is ace!  We have so much extra floor space than we otherwise would.  We even managed to get 6 children spaced out in it a few nights ago for Charlie's sleep over!  Such an amazing bed!  :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment